PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION AND USE
- When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection
- If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the site.
- Contact form submissions
- If you leave a comment on our site, you may opt-in to save your name, email address, and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me,” your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after one day.
- Who we share your data with – No one
- How long we retain your data – If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
- If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any information you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data:
- Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection software that is maintained and monitored by Lehan & Company LLC.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
Data breach procedures:
- We maintain exclusive access to our internal and externally facing systems, including our website, https://lehan.com. That is, we do not sub-contract content authoring or system maintenance to any third parties.
- All data communication to and from our web site is protected with AEC 256 bit encryption, and we routinely perform penetration testing on our web site to ensure your data and our data is protected
Third parties from which we receive data:
- In general, we do not collect or use third-party data on our website. However, we do occasionally embed relevant content from third-parties on our website.
- All third party content is vetted for quality assurance purposes and is credited to the third party content producer
Embedded content from other websites:
- Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g., videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Automated decision making and profiling:
- We do not utilize automated decision making on our web site other than for reasonable and customary technical system maintenance
Regulatory disclosure requirements:
- Our industry is not bound by any independent regulatory entities other than the laws of the United States